Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Smoked Chicken Salad...


One of the best things about smoking a chicken, ham, or turkey is the leftovers... Growing up my mother and grandmother brought to my attention of ham, turkey, and chicken salads... Always and only homemade salads, which required me as a kid to help them grind up the meat, chop the celery, pickels, hard boiled eggs, nuts of choice, and fruit of choice... Adding celery salt, pepper, mustard, and mayo... but they always told me never to add too much mayo, because it would lose the flavor of the meat and only taste like mayonaise... And when it was cold enough to eat she would either make a melt or a cold sandwich for helping her... These salads will always have a special place in my heart with warm memories of my mother and grandmother... One I know you will enjoy sharing with family and friends...

No comments:

Post a Comment